Ghost Festival or Hungry Ghost Festival is celebrated every year in China, usually in August. This year, it falls on August 12. It is a special Chinese tradition where they honor their ancestors. Boo-Shaw Bakery respects this tradition and would like to see everyone take some time to honor their ancestors on occasion.
We found a fun article at chinatravel.com which shares some ways to celebrate this Festival:
1. Putting the family’s ancestral tablets and photographs on the home altar.
2. Preparing food offerings three times a day (wine, foods, sweets).
3. Burning incenses, Joss papers, red candles, and so on to please the ghosts.
4. Holding live performances for wandering souls.
5. Sending off lanterns to direct the ghosts back to their realm.
It’s nice to learn about other cultures and their holidays! Take some time to learn and enhance your knowledge. How much do you know about your ancestors? Wouldn’t you like to learn more? 🙂