Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Today, January 16th is a day to remember, honor and celebrate an amazing man from our history. King was an influential civil rights leader — best known for his work on racial equality and ending racial segregation in the United States. Today is the perfect day to reflect on the work that still needs to be done for racial equality in our country and around the World and see what you can do to help this movement!
We here at Boo-Shaw Bakery did some searching across the internet to find ways to celebrate this day and we found quite a few suggestions. We hope everyone can begin to realize that this awesome day is more than just a day off for some people. It is a day to do what we can to move forward and continue to remember.
We found this fantastic article on the perfect website for this day https://mlksb.org. 7 Ways to Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. on MLK Day:
– Look for where you can give, not receive
– Learn your nation’s history
– Remember Dr. King’s message of kindness and respect for others
– Have a dialogue with your family and friends
– Get active
– Be your own version of MLK
– Keep the Legacy Alive . . .There are many things you can do to pass on MLK’s legacy and show your respect to a fellow human.
Visit this website to learn more and do your part :). https://mlksb.org