Do you love your occasional glass of wine? Or do you appreciate other beverages more? Or do you enjoy non-alcohol beverages when relaxing at the end of your day? Well, not matter what your preference, it’s fun to learn about National Drink Wine Day! We decided to research National Drink Wine Day to understand it’s purpose and found a delightful explanation on nationaldrinkwineday.org:
“The purpose of National Drink Wine Day is to spread the love and health benefits of wine. Wine has played an important role in history, religion and relationships. We embrace the positive benefits of wine such as new friends, reduced risk of heart disease and the enhancement of food and life.”
WAYS TO OBSERVE #NationalDrinkWineDay
- Find a new wine to try out and research the best ‘food pairing’ you can find online. Try “Wine Pairings for Beginners” by thewinecellargroup.com
- Pair Boo-Shaw Bakery Cookies with some delicious wines! A good general rule of thumb when pairing wine and cookies is: the darker the dessert, the darker the wine! Pair our Cinnamon Bun Cookies with a crisp white wine such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Or pair our Heavenly Chocolate Cookies with a rich dark red wine such as Syrah or Shiraz.
- Attend or host a wine tasting.
- Try a new wine. Wine Enthusiast Magazine even researched “Best Non-Alcoholic Wines According to Customers” Check it out!
- Give a bottle of wine to a friend.
- Visit a vineyard.
- Raise a toast to your favorite wine and let others which one it is.
- Use #NationalDrinkWineDay to post to social media.