Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Boo-Shaw Bakery!
This day is celebrated annually on March 17. St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday known for parades, shamrocks and all things Irish. From leprechauns to the color green, find out how symbols we now associate with St. Patrick’s Day came to be, and learn about a few that are purely American inventions. Visit a great website such as History.com and read about some of these fun traditions of St. Patrick’s Day, both past and present:
- Learn about The Shamrock – a sacred plant in ancient Ireland because it symbolized the rebirth of spring.
- Enjoy Irish Music history – The Celts had an oral culture, where religion, legend and history were passed from one generation to the next by way of stories and songs.
- What About “The Snake?” – It has long been recounted that, during his mission in Ireland, St. Patrick once stood on a hilltop, and with only a wooden staff by his side, banished all the snakes from Ireland.
- Don’t Forget Leprechauns – Celtic belief in fairies, tiny men and women who could use their magical powers to serve good or evil.
We hope you enjoy this fun day and celebrate! A few ideas:
– Try watching some Irish movies with family or friends
– Learn to “Live a greener life” by making an effort to help the environment
– Make some rainbow cupcakes to enjoy or share with others!