National Exercise Day is observed each year on April 18! This is a day to get out there and get moving! There are so many health benefits to exercise. Research has shown exercise can give us more energy, help make us feel better, and even extend our lives by years!
Check out this great article on National Today to learn 5 interesting facts about exercise:
1. Muscle burns more calories than fat
2. Running burns calories
3. Exercise improves memory
4. The best exercise is planking
5. Too much exercise is bad
There are many ways to celebrate this great day! At Boo-Shaw Bakery, we recommend getting some exercise completed and then having a healthy Boo-Shaw Bakery cookie to celebrate your achievement. Remember, we use all natural, quality ingredients! Here are some other ideas to celebrate this day:
- Instead of the elevator, take the stairs today! Get some extra steps in!
- If you sit at a desk all day, set an alarm to get up every hour or two and take a walk around your floor or building.
- Take your lunch hour and visit a gym for a quick work out.
- Go for a nice bike-ride around the neighborhood early in the morning or right after dinner. Enjoy the ride!